Friday 24 August 2012

do I look pretty???


My husband does not get a thrill from wearing women’s clothes. He’s not a closet cross dresser and in all honesty he’d make an ugly woman. Yet for reasons unknown to me he decided to put on one of my dresses the other night and proceed to do a crazy little dance in front of the kids. All together it was probably a whole minute of dress wearing, the lads had a good laugh and the incident was forgotten.

 

That was until the other day when I went to pick the kids up from school wearing the dress. For those of you that don’t know, my boys attend a close knit Catholic School with approximately 303 students. After school all the children come to a specified area out the front where they are supervised until they are collected by parent/guardian etc. This pickup area is therefore full of parents, students, teachers and most often even the principal who supervises the drive through pick up. Picture it now, children lined up in class rows with their teachers, parents in their cliques portraying how wonderful they are and the principal out the very front near the kerb overseeing the whole thing. Then there’s me walking up to this pick up area in said dress. I am about 10 meters away from the pickup area when Josh, who’s already seen me and gotten permission to leave, steps out of the grass area onto the footpath and in front of everyone, hand on hip and shouts in a condescending tone “Mum! Why are you wearing Daddy’s dress?”. Teachers, parents, friends and yes the principal all turn to look at me who is now so red I’d put tomatoes to shame.

 

Guess I’ll have to start my own parent clique now.

No comments:

Post a Comment